Aliens are here to destroy Earth 🙀
But first, we’re allowed to send a 1-page letter back in time to some historical figure, which will then create a new timeline + trajectory for our species.
For maximum positive impact, who should we contact and what should we tell them?
— Kevin Simler (@KevinSimler) August 10, 2019
I don't normally do threads here. But I have to tell you a story about @darensammy88.
I have met Daren Sammy precisely twice. The first time was on June 13, 2006. It was the fourth day of the West Indies v India Test in St Lucia. It rained the whole day. No play was possible. 1/
— Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee) August 11, 2019
Trade critics are taking the miraculous economic progress in the developing world for granted. It's a huge achievement, and demanding they all should have embraced western levels of regulation before we trade with them is wishful thinking that diminishes the real progress.
— Adam Ozimek (@ModeledBehavior) August 9, 2019
Today is the 74th anniversary of the bombing of Nagasaki. Often overlooked, compared to Hiroshima, as merely the "second" atomic bomb, the Nagasaki attack is far more tricky, and important, in several ways. THREAD pic.twitter.com/UQYoz6ftzN
— Alex Wellerstein (@wellerstein) August 9, 2019
I've posted two (unexpectedly) popular tweetstorms on the Hiroshima and Nagasaki "anniversaries," so let me post one more short one today on an important event that happened 74 years ago today that is generally much lesser known, but JUST as important. THREAD
— Alex Wellerstein (@wellerstein) August 10, 2019
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
Prof at Gokhale Institute, Pune, Blogger at econforeverybody.com, Podcaster at anchor.fm/backtocollege View all posts by Ashish