- America, Canada, Amazon and shopping. Fascinating story.
- The Great Game, starring Iran, America, India and what seems to be an unhealthy dose of LSD. This is going to be very, very painful.
- LIC as a knight in shining armour for IDBI. But this, if it goes through, is not good news for LIC in the long run (and therefore really bad news for all of us). Andy Mukherjee tells us why.
- Fascinating (but unsurprising) study on traffic in Delhi and Mumbai. Also, I didn’t know Uber allows you analyze its data. Very cool! Search for Uber Movements on Google.
- Why India’s tax compliance may not be as bad as you might think. Which is not to say that everything is hunky-dory!
- This may be slow reading if you don’t speak economic-ese, but it is important reading. Tirole on tech monopolies.
- Not for everybody, but a good read for budding macroeconomists. And here’s an exceprt I loved:
…if you ask me, “Should I marry my friend X?” I may tell you, “No, I don’t think you are compatible, you are going to end up divorced.” But that’s a very different question from, “Should I get a divorce now that we are married and have a mortgage, three kids in school, two cars, and a dog?”
Like it or not, we got married to the Germans, and the Germans got married to the Spaniards. We need to make this work, because breaking up now would be way too costly.
- It might make sense to keep an eye on emerging market currencies.